Losing a loved one can be a traumatic and devastating time of life. That’s why our church family is committed to walking alongside people who need extra support in their time of grieving. Our church is equipped with trained leaders who have been through all of the emotions grief brings. We’d love to encourage and support you with the hope that is found in God’s mercy.
GriefShare is a 13 week video seminar and support group offering help and encouragement for those grieving the death of a friend or loved one.
Video Seminars: Produced in an interesting format of short clips, the videos feature respected experts, pastors, counselors, and regular people who share their struggles and what has helped them.
Focused Discussion: Meet weekly with a compassionate group to discuss shared experiences, concepts from the videos and how they apply to our day-to-day life.
Guided Personal Study: Work through common questions, process emotions and learn what the Bible says about grief-related topics through short daily reflections, journaling prompts and more in the workbook available for $20.00.
“Gaining perspective from the videos, prayerfully working through the workbook and having an understanding group to encourage us has been an important part of our healing since the death of our son.” – Mike and Jenny (our facilitators)
Each GriefShare session is self-contained. They do not have to be attended sequence. You will find encouragement whenever you begin and have the opportunity to attend more than one time through. It would be an honor to walk alongside you as you journey through grief.
○ A Grace Disguised by Jerry Sittser
○ A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis
○ Dark Clouds, Deep Mercy by Mark Vroegop
○ Hearing Jesus Speak into Your Sorrow by Nancy Guthrie
○ Heaven: Your Real Home by Joni Eareckson Tada
○ No More Faking Fine by Esther Fleece Allen
○ The One Year Book of Hope by Nancy Guthrie
○ Healing a Friend’s Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas for Helping Someone You Love Through Loss – Alan D. Wolfelt
○ Helping Those in Grief: A Guide to Help You Care for Others – H. Norman Wright
○ What Grieving People Wish You Knew about What Really Helps (and What Really Hurts) by Nancy Guthrie
○ When God Weeps by Joni Eareckson Tada
○ When Holidays Hurt: Finding Hidden Hope Amid Pain and Loss by Bo Stern
○ When Your Family’s Lost a Loved One: Finding Hope Together by Nancy Guthrie
○ Grieving a Loss: 7 Things it’s going to take to get through this to the other side of joy
Video session by Nancy Guthrie
○ Hymns and scripture songs:
Shane & Shane: “Hymns,” “Psalms Live” and “Psalms II”
Chris Rice: “The Hymns Project”
Stephen Curtis Chapman: “Beauty Will Rise” and “Glorious Unfolding”
○ Grieving the Child I Never Knew: A Devotional for Comfort in the Loss of Your Unborn or Newly Born Child by Kathe Wunnenberg
○ Lament for a Son by Nicholas Wolterstoff
○ Missing the Child You Love by H. Norman Wright
○ Grieving a Suicide by Albert Y. Hsu
○ Finding Your Way After the Suicide of Someone You Love by David Biebel
○ Helping Your Kids Deal with Anger, Fear, and Sadness by H. Norman Wright
○ It’s Okay to Cry: A Parent’s Guide to Helping Children Through the Losses of Life by H. Norman Wright
○ Healing a Child’s Grieving Heart by Alan D. Wolfelt
○ Children and Grief: Helping Your Child Understand Death by Joey O’Connor
○ Why Is Keiko Sick?: A Conversation with Your Child about Why Bad Things Happen by Stacia McKeever, Ingrid Beyer
○ A Garden Full of Butterflies by Lynn S. Combes
○ What Is Heaven Like? by Beverly Lewis, Pam Querin (4-8 yrs)
○ Heaven for Kids by Randy Alcorn
○ Tell Me about Heaven by Randy Alcorn, Ron DiCianni
○ Wait Until Then by Randy Alcorn, Doran Ben-Ami
○ Heaven God’s Promise for Me by Ann Graham Lotz (4-8 yrs)
○ What is heaven like? by Beverly Lewis (4-8 yrs)
○ Someday Heaven by Larry Libby, Wayne McLoughlin (4-8 yrs – adult)
○ Someone I Love Died by Christine Harder Tangvald (4-8 yrs)
Reboot Recovery: Faith-based trauma healing courses, training, and online community are open to anyone looking to move forward from trauma and tragedy into a better future.