Our students will be headed to Talladega for Generate Camp by YM360! Students entering into 7th-12th grades are eligible to attend.
The $375 cost covers access to all activities, transportation, and food. A deposit of $50 is required to hold your spot. You may pay in installments.
We will be leaving the Church at 11:15AM on Monday, June 19th and will return by 12:00PM on Friday, June 23rd.
What should my student bring?
- Modest clothing for 5 days
- Bed linens for twin-sized beds
- Towels for pool and showers
- Toiletries and medications
- Spending money for snacks, coffee shop, and souvenirs
- Money for 1 fast food meal on the way to Shocco.
- Sunscreen and Bug Spray
- Bathing Suit
To not bring:
- Weapons, tobacco, alcohol or drugs of any kind
- Silly string or water balloons
- bikinis or speedos
- Girls: One piece or tankini suits
- Guys: Make sure bathing suits are not too short.
- Clothing that isn’t too tight
- Clothing that suggests inappropriate behavior
- Spaghetti strap, halter, and tube tops
- Skateboards, hover boards, roller blades, etc.
GENERATE has the potential to be life-changing for everyone involved. It’s a time where God will be moving in your heart, and in the heart of many others. But here’s the deal . . . For everyone to get the most out of GENERATE, there have to be some expectations that everyone agrees to. Your parents might call these rules. We prefer to call them guidelines. Here’s a few of them . . .
1. NOTHING ILLEGAL. Like, no guns. Or weapons of any kind. And no drugs.
2. DRESS CODE. Life requires a dress code, and GENERATE is no exception. Let’s agree to stay away from revealing clothing that could be distracting to your peers. Let’s also have an understanding about bathing suits, mkay? Speedos are not, in fact, neat-o, and no two piece suits.
3. PRANKS. Not a good idea. Hard pass.
4. SCHEDULE. Here’s the deal: you’re expected to attend all the scheduled meetings and gatherings. But you should want to! It’s why you’re here! Also, lights out means lights out. (You know you get grumpy when you don’t get your rest.) No girls in guys’ rooms, and no guys in girls’ rooms. Oh, and unless you have permission, you should stay on campus at all times.
5. DAMAGES. So, if you break something, you’re responsible for it. It’s that simple.
6. RESPECT OTHERS! This is super simple, but easy to miss. Be kind. Don’t be annoying. Smile. Make friends. Don’t be lame. See? Simple.
7. HAVE FUN, LEARN LOTS. Really. Have a BLAST! Have so much fun that you remember it for your entire life. And learn lots! Expect the Holy Spirit to show you amazing things about God and about you. Have fun. Learn a lot. If you do these two things, GENERATE will have been a huge win for you.
- 1:00 – 3:00 PM Registration & Check-In
- 4:00 PM Village Leadership Meeting (all Bible Study Leaders) 4:45 – 6:00PM Dinner
- 6:00PM Village Meeting (Bible Study 1 at announced location) 6:30PM YM Gathering
- 7:30PM Pre-Worship Gathering (auditorium)
- 7:45PM Worship (auditorium)
- 9:30PM Church Group Time (assigned location)
- (11:30PM – 8:00AM Quiet Hours)
(Day 4 Only: 6:30AM – 7:15AM GENERATE 5K – at announced location – OPTIONAL for students)
- 6:45 – 8:00 AM Breakfast
- 8:00 AM Village Leadership Meeting
- 9:00 – 10:00AM Kickstart
- 10:15 AM CONNECT Recreation -OR- Bible Study w/ Village
- 11:30 AM Bible Study dismissal to lunch
- 12:00 PM CONNECT Recreation dismissal to lunch
- 1:15 PM CONNECT Recreation -OR- Bible Study w/ Village
- 3:00PM Open/Free Time (Options announced at Kick start)
- 4:45 – 6:00PM Dinner
- 6:00PM YM Gathering
- 6:00PM Village Gatherings (Assigned Locations)
- 6:45PM Pre-Worship Gathering (Auditorium)
- 7:00PM Worship
- 9:00 – 9:30 PM (Night 4 Only – Final Worship Celebration) 9:00 PM Church Group Time (9:30PM on Night 4)
- 10:30 PM One More Thing (Nights 2&3 Only)
- 11:30PM – 8:00AM Quiet Hours
- 6:45 – 8:00AM Breakfast
- 8:00AM Quiet Time
- 9:00AM Head Home!
- 10:30AM Arrive back at Church. Pick up.